SARDI Aquatic Sciences Open Day 2013
Healthy Waters Healthy Fish
Sunday, 17 November 2013
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2 Hamra Ave, West Beach
Food and refreshments available for purchase
Discover the secrets of world class marine and freshwater research at this free family event. Find out how aquatic science helps keep South Australia’s waters healthy and our seafood of the highest quality.
- Talk to the scientists / see the laboratories (SARDI researchers Shirley and Kathryn chat about why they love being marine biologists)
- Interactive displays, children’s activities
- Science presentations / marine biosecurity; threatened species; River Murray fish populations
- ‘Super Seafood’ cooking demonstrations with Premium Food and Wine from our Clean Environment Ambassador, chef Simon Bryant.
- Touch tanks filled with marine and freshwater creatures
- Aquaculture and wild fish displays
- Research vessels, sampling and dive equipment
- Aquatic food webs
- South Australia’s original dive chamber
- Specimens from the deep
- Fish ‘ageing’ demonstrations